Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: ***=Major_ Mayhems=*** Iron Reich Panzer Division Co-op group

***=Major_ Mayhems=*** Iron Reich Panzer Division Co-op group

***=Major_ Mayhems=***

Iron Reich Panzer Division
    Co-op group

I have been hosting some online games here in the US between 9 and 10 most weeknights and some weekends. about 10 players most nights
    their are no rules just good clean co-op fun so far. everybody has been trying to play as a team and its been a real pleasure having you all on the battlefield.
    I hope to see more people in the next few weeks. everyone is welcome.
    we hope the new players would please use the global channel with the < > keys on the ingame comms which quite a few people seem to not know about which leaves them out of most important chat conversations on VON and typing chat. this is very helpful while coordinating the mission objectives.

After a successful Battle and a mission is completed we advance to the next mission to be hosted on a following night that works for most players.
    I have been working on a 8 mission mini co-op campaign that progresses across the Baranow map as a small German panzer division accompanied by recon and infantry. most missions have a 32 to 42 player slot utilizing the awesome new unit selection features in Iron Front in the High commander options which opens the ArmA2 engine right up for great multiplayer action
    when you can jump to any unit at any time to assist in the real action.

Please leave any questions or comments on the previous or up coming Co-op missions or about the " Iron Reich Panzer Group " in a reply to this post on this forum.
    As of tonight Aug 29th 2012 we have won the first two missions on monday night and tonight after a big victory we attempted the third and lost.

Co-op mission three " Operation Pincer " will be repeated thursday night 9pm US time.

I hope to see you on the Battlefield

***=Major_Mayhem=***

~S~
    Last edited by ProfTournesol; 09-22-2012 at 11:30 AM.

Another Great Co-op Night Over here !
    their was about ten of us the whole time and many who came and went .
    We kicked major but tonight. It was a pleasure to play with you all again.
    I want to thank.

Trent
    Klesh
    Von Plauen
    Jesus Miller
    Danial
    Dimall
    Owner
    Daniyil
    Diablo
    Napoleon
    Narni

***=Major_Mayhem=***

~S~

This has been a TON of fun for me. I bought IF only a few days ago; never owned an Arma game. To my surprise there wasn't much activity online. I played a night or two with just random people lonewolfing and not communicating etc. That was okay, but it wasn't what this game is good for. I logged on Mayhem's server and heard friendly dudes talking about the mission they were on, and it was great! There is communication, teamwork and fun missions with realistic objectives and a good challenge. I hopped right in and we were able to accomplish the objective after quite the coordination.

I've played 3 of these missions now over the last few days; they work in a series and they continue from where the previous one leaves off. I'm having a great time with these cats, and this is the way everyone should be experiencing this game.

Operation Pincer, Skopanie Poland, 30 August

Somehow, the remains of the 5th Panzer Division, survived the grueling march of over a thousand miles, mostly on foot, with a ragtag band of infantrie, pioneers, and a handful of vehicles. I cannot begin to describe the feeling of dread the landser has anymore. Hunger, fatigue and constant fighting for every mile against the Soviets Hordes have set each man on edge.

We had been fighting our way back to Germany for months now, always short of men, food and ammunition, while the Popovs seems to lack for nothing now. We finally had a small rest near the Polish town of Skopanie. There were a handful of us and a handful of vehicles left, which we somehow managed to keep running on bailing wire, a prayer and any petrol we could steal from Ivan.

Our orders were simple, attempt a break out of the Soviet forces, which had managed to bypass us earlier to make contact with the remnants of any German units we could find, to fight our way back to the Fatherland. Our group was near a windmill to the Northwest of Skopanie, when the Kommandant gave us the order to advance to the Southeast, near the Polish town of Miedzywodie, a small village of no great tactical importance and then hit the main road to the West, where a Panzer unit was rumored to be. We all knew the Ivans has managed to bypass us and where, no doubt, awaiting us in our line of movement back to our own lines, yet, we accepted our fate and plans for the movement began.

Our headquarters, nothing more than a Leutanant and a few staff personnel really, made plans of a coordinated two pronged pincer movement of our forces to encircle and cut off any Popovs we met at the town of Miedzywodie and then turn to the west to continue our march. Unfortunately for us, there simply where not enough men left to realistically conduct this maneuver, so it was decided that a Machine gun section of two M.G. 42’s would cover the valley between Skopanie and Miedzywodie, while the rest of our infantrie and Pionerie attempted to skirt along the left side of the town and move up from there.

The day was beautiful, with a clear sky, a bright sun and even birds singing and the sound of flying bees enveloped us as we moved forward from our ad hoc headquarters near a windmill. We managed to arrive in Skopanie without incident and set up an ammunition area near a church, the last true building left still standing in the village of any import. We loaded up on what ammunition we could scrounge and moved out. Myself and my friend Gefreiter Klesh, the two remaining machine gunners left from a company of initially 100 men went forward and found positions over looking a valley in-between the two towns. To my horror, I saw squads of Popov infantrie moving from the tree line across the valley and moving towards us at a trot. We both set our sights and waited for them to arrive within the range of our guns.

A breeze brought forth the cries of “Opredia” and “Hurrah” to my ears as we began to cut the men down with withering fire from our 42’s. Thus engaged, the Soviets failed to take note of the movement of the Pioneers and remaining Infantrie moving along a deep ditch line to their right and both myself and my fellow gunner managed to mow down several squads in their seemingly endless numbers on what we called no man’s land. The barrel of my machine gun was popping and radiating heat when I finally ran out of ammunition and so returned to our ammunition point to see if I could get more bullets for my gun.

Luckily, there were a couple of more drums of ammunition, which I took, while the sounds of gun fire echoed through the valley behind me. Upon my return towards my former position, I found myself running straight into a hive of Soviet infantrie, which had somehow managed to swing past us and penetrated behind our lines. It was after some close combat, that I managed to extract myself from the situation with a great many dead Russians at my feet and the rest, running off and scattering themselves back into the woods. During the fighting, I had become disoriented and stumbled across the remains of a Hanamag, its dead Panzer Grenadier next to it and thanks be on high, a Pak 40, with ammunition. I manned the gun, which commanded a view of the valley I had previously overlooked and spotted several Popov Antitank guns, a couple of Panzers and a tank destroyer. I adjusted the sights and aimed at the Panzers first, figuring them to be the most dangerous of our foes and after several shots, left three smoking remains on the field. It was a miracle that the Soviet pak gun had not witnessed my shots, or else they would have fired upon me. I managed to take one out with HE rounds and then scanned for more targets.

The Hanamag still had a radio which could receive signals, but alas I was unable to send a reply, and I heard that our infantrie had attained the heights to the Southeast of Miedzywodie, however, they had run straight into a Soviet armored column. I fired rounds towards the direction of the hill just past where I believed our men were and someone walked my rounds right unto a Soviet T34 and a truck, both of which I never saw but which I never-the-less managed to destroy. While firing at these targets, I had failed to notice a that a Popov panzer had managed to maneuver itself just below my position and was attempting to fire its gun at me. I am still alive to right this journal, only because one of our nameless boys managed to take it out with a Panzershreck, to that man, I owe my life.

Finally, I had expended every last round for the Pak and was leaving the gun behind, when the radio announced that some of the remaining Panzers we had left, had managed to attain the heights behind our own landser and were engaging the Soviet armor with deadly fire, removing at least three times their own number. While I was proud at that moment to hear this, I knew that Ivan could afford these losses, and would probably be back with ten more for every one we destroyed; we however, could not spare a single man in our fight.

Most of the fight was unknown to me as I had no radio and did nothing more that scurry from bush to bush, trying to make my way towards our men on the adjacent hillside. By the time I had reached there and made contact with our forces, I learned that the town of Miedzywodie was finally ours, but at a heavy cost. Most of our men were dead or missing, we lost two of our beloved and much treasured Panzers to enemy action and no one had heard from our Kommandant for some time. Our ammunition was so low, we resorted to using any Russian equipment that we could get our hands on and attempted to regroup just north of the town at the base of the hill.

I was moving my way towards our rally point when the blood in my veins ran cold, never before had I heard such a dreadful sound as that of a Russian plane flying towards us. Our own Luftwaffe had been destroyed or moved to other sectors in support of our sister units and we had nothing but small arms to defend ourselves. The dreaded machine managed to make strafing run after strafing run over what I believed to be our positions at the rally point, before being brought down by a lucky shot from an infantrie man. Finally, I managed to arrive at our rally point, to find a mix of dead and dying Russians, Germans and many destroyed vehicles, victims of our and Ivan’s terrible wrath. We managed to attend to our wounded and took some rest, when the order went out to see if any ammunition and repairs would be possible on our remaining two Panzers.

A small detachment of men were dispatched and managed to make it back to our old Headquarters, which had been bombed by the Russians, not a man nor vehicle there were left untouched. It was only by the sheerest luck that we had both an ammunition and repair truck left, of which both only just managed to move on their own with many curses and yelling. The move back to our rally point was long and painfully slow. There was a saying I learned in my first days on the Russian Steppe, “If one Russian can penetrate your lines today, there shall be a Russian Battalion there by tomorrow.” How correct this was.

While driving through a “Pacified” area, the repair truck came under withering fire from a small Russian reconnaissance unit, resulting in the driver being injured, and only just managing to get out of the ambush area. We still have no idea how the man, frequently blacking out, managed to drive the wretched truck to the rally point. While this was happening, Ivan, with his endless numbers, managed to bring forth even more of their damned tanks into the area, from a nearby town, no doubt, in the hopes of bolstering their losses with more than just infantry.
    Another serious exchange of fire occurred behind our lines, as the Popovs had managed to retake and man several trenches which we had taken from them earlier in the battle. It was the act of a single Panzer, which both cleared the trench line and drove off or destroyed no fewer than ten Soviet T34’s from the field of battle.

Finally, with the last of our ammunition out, the last man left standing, we gathered together and regrouped at our rally point, happy to still be alive. Out of an initial 42 men at the beginning of the engagement, we were left with less than 8. It was a hard fight, but as ever, the determination of the German Landser prevailed once again. While men were being patched up and cigarettes were handed from kamerade to kamerade, on man, a lone sniper, told us of finding a single JU-87, in a field, next to a tree line, with the engine still running. We all gave a hollow laugh at the thought that the Glorious Luftwaffe had given us there greatest moment of glory, with not so much as a bullet fired or a bomb dropped, of the pilot, nothing was ever found.

Steffan v. Plauen
    Gefreiter, 5th Panzer Div

Thank you Klesh,
    Great After Action Report Von Plauen,
    http://forum.iron-front.com/showthre...s-Co-op-Server
    Hope you guys can make the next mission tonight
    "Burning Star"
    saturday 9pm ish

~S~

====/ \_____
    (oOOOOOOOOo)
    Last edited by Ironic Front; 09-02-2012 at 08:20 AM.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ogledowmaster.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	85.3 KB 
ID:	327
    Huge co-op turnout tonight ..............on the "Burning Star" Mission

We had an excellent victory on our second try.
    I believe about 60 people joined and played at one point or another i tried to keep count,
    pretty impressive numbers for a game thats considered broken by many.

most players tonight where newcomers to the campaign.
    I hope to see you all in the follow up mission " Crossroads "
    on Sunday after 10pm or Monday around 10pm
    http://forum.iron-front.com/showthre...s-Co-op-Server

***=Major_Mayhem=***

~S~
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Views:	43 
Size:	17.3 KB 
ID:	325   Click image for larger version. 

Views:	46 
Size:	18.9 KB 
ID:	326  
    Last edited by Ironic Front; 09-02-2012 at 09:00 AM.

Great thread. I hope the campaign and the player base flourishes!

Thank you Volunteer,
    ~Salute~

Another good turnout Sunday night.
    we got off to a rough start but replayed the " Crossroads " mission and with some good team work we followed the plan and won. I would like to say welcome to the newcomers

I had to take a day of rest monday the holiday to put some final touchs on the next missions
    we might replay missions 4 or 5 if everyone is up for it sometime this week for the people who couldn't make it this weekend and missed out on these missions and then on thursday or friday advance to the next mission 6 " Treadmarks " in the campaign.

***=Major_Mayhem=***

~S~

We've gone through about 5 or 6 of these missions now; I've made sure to make it every night. It really is a ton of fun. If you're reading this, and play during our time (Starts between 9-10PM EST), then you should totally join us. We get so many people logging in, and not chatting, or talking... if they all spoke up and participated, we'd really have something special. As it stands, we have a core of guys playing and we all work towards the eventual mission goal. Having Major there, who makes the missions, is good because he keeps the group focused and coordinated. It's also really nice to have this function where we can jump around the available crew lists; you're able to react and bring what is needed where it is needed.

There is just the right mix of slugging it out, and getting the mission done. For instance, last night was the 6th, I think, in a series of connected missions. As the Germans, we've made our way to this town and set up shop, but all our tanks and vehicles have no fuel! The goal of the mission is to capture, secure and return a Soviet fuel truck from the other side of the river, a few towns away. Some of us stayed near our base and tried to push across a bridge, while another small team set out to capture another bridge. We ended up capturing ATG's and a truck, so our small contingent was now mobile and packed a punch. We went on to cause some real trouble on their side of the river, while the boys at our bridgehead put them through a slow meatgrinder. We eventually got the fuel truck back to our base, which triggers a Soviet armoured counterattack! A rousing finish to the mission as we get to pound some faces in with our freshly topped off KingTigers. I had 40 something kills, knocked out 4 tanks by panzershreck, captured a deuce and a half, 2x76mm Zis-3's, and drove one of the KT's as we put an end to their hurried counterattack. I was very happy when later in the mission the guys all made it to a spot where I had been fighting alone (since the rest of the mini squad had been killed)... as they restocked their ammo at the crates I discovered, they had to step over the bodies of all the Soviets that I had met earlier... "Damn klesh, looks like you had a massacre here!" I definitely had!

What fun it is to cooperate and do all the things that make this game great! It never crashes on my system, so I am able to stay in the mission for the sometimes 2 or 3 or 4 hours it takes us to beat them.

If you dig multiplayer coop missions, you should really join us. Guaranteed good times to be had by all!
    Last edited by klesh; 09-05-2012 at 11:39 PM.

The missions are really something. I've only owned iron front for about a month now, and at first i thought some of the common beliefs of the game might be true that no-one plays it in all. But one late night lunkerhead(daniel) and me were playing by our selfs, a little fun but not much, and then here comes Major Mayhem. At first we didnt really know wether to kick him or not (no offence mayhem) as normally people do not play right and are reckless. But after he invites us to one of his games and we play for a while my-o-my are they good, just the cooperation and the team work is amazing. Now at first i did not have a mic, but after running to best buy and just buying a $15 dynex mic, boy does it improve the experience, and i really recomend everyone getting one as it will vastly improve the comunication and gameplay. Now on the missions im realy split wether Mayhem was the map Dev for the game or not because take the campaign multiplied by 5 and add the teamwork and multiplayer thats how good it is. I really think EVERYBODY who is ridiculing this game should come give this a try and you might just change your opinion of the game.