Dear Iron Front Fans
I’m happy to announce the “Iron Front Mission Maker Competition 2012” event. With the support of Deep Silver we have created this new competition to encourage you in making your own missions and to bring the editing back to its deserved position. In Iron Front style games, the contribution of the community is very important and mission development is one of the core elements for this. Below you can find all the important information about this event.
- All community members are welcome.
- All missions must be made in “Iron Front: Liberation 1944” game.
- One person can submit more than one mission to the contest.
- No gamemode limitation, you can do Single player or Multiplayer as well Coop or PvP/TvT style missions.
- English language required in all the mission.
- Missions can be submitted from the first day of the competition till the last day. If you are too late, your mission is automatically disqualified. The competition will start at 4. of December and will end at 14. of December (all times are 23:59:59, in CET).
- Winners will be notified via email.
- The full list of the winners will be published on December 17, 2012 on the forum and after this we will send out the prizes to respective winners .
- Additional „read-me’s" and documentation files are not needed but very welcome.
- Only new missions can be submitted for this competition, already released (even in alpha/beta stage) are automatically disqualified.
- Just post your mission as a comment under this thread. You can use attachment and/or upload site for sharing.
- Not required, but suggested to pack the mission file into one *.rar file.
- The judges mostly will be from the Developers, but we will listen to your reactions and feedbacks about the missions on the forum as well.
- During the judging we will focus for the following aspects:
- Technical - Script and rpt errors are negatives.
- Popularity – How much the community like the mission?
- Idea – How fresh is the mission idea and design?
- Overall – Impressions by the missions.
Awarding (for all winners):
- One free copy of „D-Day” DLC.
- The chosen missions will be implemented into the game by the next patch, dedicated to its respective creators.
Creating good missions is no an easy task, so we created some editing guide/manual for you on the wiki to help you with the first steps. You can find more information on the "Editing" wiki page. Also, if you have any kind of question or need help, then feel free to open a thread for this in this forum’s "Mission making and scripting" section.
We hope you will enjoy this competition, and as usual feel free to share your thoughts and feedback, because for us it’s important what you think!
In the name of the Developer and forum manager team.