Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Iron Front Mission Maker Competition 2012

Iron Front Mission Maker Competition 2012

Dear Iron Front Fans

I’m happy to announce the “Iron Front Mission Maker Competition 2012” event. With the support of Deep Silver we have created this new competition to encourage you in making your own missions and to bring the editing back to its deserved position. In Iron Front style games, the contribution of the community is very important and mission development is one of the core elements for this. Below you can find all the important information about this event.

Rules:

• All community members are welcome.
    • All missions must be made in “Iron Front: Liberation 1944” game.
    • One person can submit more than one mission to the contest.
    • No gamemode limitation, you can do Single player or Multiplayer as well Coop or PvP/TvT style missions.
    • English language required in all the mission.
    • Missions can be submitted from the first day of the competition till the last day. If you are too late, your mission is automatically disqualified. The competition will start at 4. of December and will end at 14. of December (all times are 23:59:59, in CET).
    • Winners will be notified via email.
    • The full list of the winners will be published on December 17, 2012 on the forum and after this we will send out the prizes to respective winners .
    • Additional „read-me’s" and documentation files are not needed but very welcome.
    • Only new missions can be submitted for this competition, already released (even in alpha/beta stage) are automatically disqualified.

Submitting:
    • Just post your mission as a comment under this thread. You can use attachment and/or upload site for sharing.
    • Not required, but suggested to pack the mission file into one *.rar file.

Judging:

• The judges mostly will be from the Developers, but we will listen to your reactions and feedbacks about the missions on the forum as well.
    • During the judging we will focus for the following aspects:
      • Technical - Script and rpt errors are negatives.
      • Popularity – How much the community like the mission?
      • Idea – How fresh is the mission idea and design?
      • Overall – Impressions by the missions.

Awarding (for all winners):
    - One free copy of „D-Day” DLC.
    - The chosen missions will be implemented into the game by the next patch, dedicated to its respective creators.

Creating good missions is no an easy task, so we created some editing guide/manual for you on the wiki to help you with the first steps. You can find more information on the "Editing" wiki page. Also, if you have any kind of question or need help, then feel free to open a thread for this in this forum’s "Mission making and scripting" section.

We hope you will enjoy this competition, and as usual feel free to share your thoughts and feedback, because for us it’s important what you think!

In the name of the Developer and forum manager team.
    Regards, Mlacix.
    Iron Front - Forum Administrator

My contacts: Twitter | FaceBook | Skype | Email | IRC

Official: Site | Forum | Wiki | IronFrontHolic(soon) | Twitter | FaceBook | YouTube(IF)| YouTube(DS) | YouTube(AWar) | IRC Chat

Very cool, going to participate.

Yes cool idea but now we only have 10 days to create missions..for sake of good ideas, creating, fixing, just for make them a quality product you should give us more time, we donīt do it profesional 24/7 you know?

oh..10 days to learn, what is needed to be learnt, to compete with the capable handful of guys around here. Unfortunately I canīt use the decade of mission making experience from SPWAW and CM in IFL44. So my bets go to SaOk for now. 8)

Mission making is not that much hard I think. Yeah if you want to write and use *.sqf files, and now want to learn it, 10 day is not enought, sure. But if you already have some experiance in mission making then it's will be easy and just will take some hours. We choosen this "short" time, because we also would like to send the gifts for the winners before the holiday. Also if you have some question, or don't knwo how to start the whole editing, just ask on the forum, we will help.
    Iron Front - Forum Administrator

My contacts: Twitter | FaceBook | Skype | Email | IRC

Official: Site | Forum | Wiki | IronFrontHolic(soon) | Twitter | FaceBook | YouTube(IF)| YouTube(DS) | YouTube(AWar) | IRC Chat

I love making mission but just for myself and community fun, i really hate competitions, because of my job i have to be in competition all days, outside job i really really hate competitions
    SORRY FOR MY BAD ENGLISH
    sometimes addEventHandler is the answer

Hello there

A little unfair IMHO, Perhaps have a different competition for those who don't have extensive map making skills and are just "fans"?

Still, I look forward to the missions.

rgds

LoK
    Old and New 3D work WWW.SNOWDRIVER.COM

Quote Originally Posted by mlacix View Post
    Mission making is not that much hard I think. Yeah if you want to write and use *.sqf files, and now want to learn it, 10 day is not enought, sure. But if you already have some experiance in mission making then it's will be easy and just will take some hours. We choosen this "short" time, because we also would like to send the gifts for the winners before the holiday. Also if you have some question, or don't knwo how to start the whole editing, just ask on the forum, we will help.
    Yep, also depends upon personal quality and realism requirements. Mine are too high to get something developed in short time. :P Weīll see....

I was planning on releasing my next mission in my series tomorrow, I guess I will save it for the compitition.

~S~
    Last edited by Major_Mayhem; 12-04-2012 at 05:23 PM.

_________***=Major_Mayhems=***__________
    | Co-op Group | Mission Downloads | Video Game |
    | Steam Group | Time Zone Chart | Video1 | Video2 |

Nice idea, i like that
    Just a few notes:
    For me also 10 days is a very short time frame even for small missions and i have quite an experience in mission building, most time consuming is testing. For coop missions (1-10 players) with revive and JoinInProgress in mind that is a very time-consuming process. JIP is not really well supported by the game itself, so as a missionbuilder i have to make it work like it should. On the other hand, a 1-life mission without JIP support shouldn be a problem in 10 days