Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 29th Panzer Grenadiers - Major Event (03-02-13)

29th Panzer Grenadiers - Major Event (03-02-13)

29th Panzer Grenadiers Event

Hello people of Iron front.

Event date/time: 3rd February 2013 - 20.00 GMT +1 (19.00 GMT).
    Server: Filter 29th and you will find our Iron front server
    Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YG3E0mO77vQ

I'm a member from the old clan 29th Panzer Grenadiers, we reached a very high standing point in Iron front not long ago but was abandoned for a more stable and developed platform, Arma 2. However for one night we will put on our WW2 boots and venture on towards victory for the Fatherland. Basically we have planned an open event for everyone to join, no requirements except for a mind for playing seriously!

What is required to actually play:
    Latest version of Iron front
    Teamspeak 3 (For Debrief)

That's it! Nothing else!
    Our goal with this Iron front event is to go back to our old roots and have some fun with the rest of the Iron front community, and we invite anyone that wants to play a cooperative game or a team versus team game. The mission will obviously be created by myself, we have not yet set the maximum number of players so I cannot inform you yet.

Cooperative game:
    30-50 players playing as Wehrmacht
    Specific teams for Tanks
    Respawn at base with plenty of vehicles
    One major goal

Team versus Team:
    Soviets defend a city, the Wehrmacht attacks.
    Respawn will not occur in the city but further away for both teams.
    30-50 players, hopefully even teams otherwise slightly more in favor of Wehrmacht.

Debrief:
    The debrief will either be held on teamspeak or in written form on the forums. Where we will tell you about the event and the execution of it.

What to prepare for:
    When we play we always want our guys to follow the orders, expect orders. When you join a team you will be faced with a squad leader, the squad leader can be anyone. Whenever we play you are only allowed to use your VOIP over groupchat and direct communications to minimize spam.
    The Squads name will either be Alpha, Bravo, Charlie. When you join into the game you will be around plenty of players, all of those are on your side! Friendly fire will not be tolerated and anyone who fires at friendlies will be banned from the server.
    Accidents do tend to happen but we do not accept intentional killings of teamates.

If you are in Alpha, you will get into one of the hanomags, you will see a green marker at your squad leader.
    This person leads you, always follow him around! If he dies the next man is in charge. What always to remember is that you will get your orders from the Side chat from a specified commander for your team.
    This means that "Alpha" will get an order for example "Alpha attack city at marker 'Alpha Attack'. That means that Alpha have the order to attack the city at the marker.

Very simple indeed eh? When you move into the city it's basically kill or be killed so have fun while inside, but always remember to stick close to your squad leader at all costs! Fight as a team!

Formations to remember
    Line formation, everyone stands in a line facing towards a specific position! Remember this is not a trail formation/column formation, a line means a straight line horizontal towards the enemy!

Column/Trail Formation, everyone follows the man in front, a small file. Just like - - - - - - - - >
    The > being the point man!

Respawn
    When you respawn you will have to take a small car towards the enemy, when respawned do not select a new hanomag unless your squads hanomag have been destroyed. Before you leave however you might want to select your kit, move to the nearest ammo box and scroll through the menu and select your role. After that just move to your squad leaders position and play along!

Other info
    Obviously this is a lot to ask, a public game with structure. We will of course try and after all we are all there to have fun, that means that all our efforts will be focused in one city and not over the whole map, which would probably create a lot of "dead" time where nothing happens. We expect a small Stalingrad fight in one of the major cities of the maps.

Information such as the mission itself, will be updated on the first post in the thread and then obviously on my youtube: OksmanToH
    If you have any questions about the event please direct them towards this thread, and remember to sign up for the event! Post it here and tell us if you'll be joining!

We invite other clans to join us in this event, anyone who wants to play can join. Please do post below informing us about your numbers and we will contact you.

More information about the event will be posted.
    Last edited by Oksman; 01-21-2013 at 03:04 PM.
    Gefreiter - 1. Gewehr Gruppe

My Channel gives you the tutorials needed to edit & script.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/OksmanToHfeatured

Sounds great, I'll be there for sure.

This looks awesome man! Will join.

Ingame name: Vacuity

Sounds like fun. Game name: Tanker

What time is that in the USA??? Pacitic Coast Time???

thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by indyjrt View Post
    What time is that in the USA??? Pacitic Coast Time???

thanks!
    Says in first post:

Quote Originally Posted by Oksman View Post
    20.00 GMT +1 (19.00 GMT)

Count me in...same name as I use in here. S!

I shall see you hippies there.

Ima shoot Fudge first!

Just played some i44 with them and was good fun. Looking forward to Sunday.

One day until launch!
    Gefreiter - 1. Gewehr Gruppe

My Channel gives you the tutorials needed to edit & script.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/OksmanToHfeatured